Our team is very excited to deliver this content to the many people nationwide involved in university research, from faculty to students to staff and administration. It’s a bustling enterprise.
We certainly experience quite a bit at UH to write about, but we know that’s much more to explore. And your experience and expertise may shed new light on best practices and prompt new discussion on a variety of topics.
If you’re curious about a topic or want to share your experience through this platform, we encourage you to contribute to The Big Idea.
We are looking for original content from contributors within the university environment (or connected to it) for any of The Big Idea sections:
- University Research Explained
- What Went Wrong?
- The Big Bang
- The Startup Experience
Here are a few guidelines:
- Bring the fun! Our style is business casual and quirky.
- Write in active voice. Go informal – contractions are welcome.
- Cite your sources. And provide their contact information for vetting and review. We need to double check.\
- Offer knowledge. We expect to learn a thing or two from you. If you blog about an issue, tell us how you solved it or some of the things you learned from it.
- Keep it light. We talk research, but we’re not a peer-reviewed journal.
If you have a story idea or would like to contribute as a write, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.